Men's Fitted Underwear
Men's Fitted Underwear Online
Our luxuriously comfy men’s underwear has been around for more than 30 years. Not only has the Mitch Dowd brand become synonymous with style and comfort, but our high-quality trunks are fit for high fashion. The new stars of your underwear drawer are sure to become your go-to faves, since every single garment carries with it Mitch’s unique artistic flair.
How we design Australia's best underwear
Here at Mitch Dowd, every pair of underwear is an original design, made with the expertise and creative direction of our studio in Victoria. Our style is perfect for the distinctly modern Australian man.
So whether you fancy an everyday active fitted trunk or something for the art lover inside of you, let us help you out and find a signature style of briefs or boxer shorts in your new favourite print, fabric, and fit.
The best men's underwear designs in town
We've got classic tighty whities galore, but when those don't just cut it, we'll help you bust out the bad boys with a new pair of stylish fitted trunks featuring wild patterns or funky, famous artworks.
Want a great pair of boxer briefs featuring The Great Wave, a famous print by legendary Japanese painter Hokusai? Why not? Sport Vincent Van Gogh’s The Starry Night and keep the crown jewels sparkling.
Doesn't hurt that you'll be wearing some of the most recognized paintings in the history of Western culture. That's the definition of performance underwear if you ask us!
Why shop with us at Mitch Dowd?
You might ask what the point of such a fantastic boxer brief might be... especially if no one's around to see it.
To start, we'd tell you never to take your chances. You've always got to put your best foot forward, whether you're wearing a suit or your briefs alone. Why go for simple wardrobe basics when you could go for something daring on date nights?
That's not to say that Mitch Dowd isn't an everyday underwear brand. That's exactly what we are, and it's why we've become the industry experts at creating breathable, comfortable and unforgettable undies.
The reality is whatever briefs you choose to wear will be a personal expression of your aesthetic taste. Our designs are intended to resonate with the style of the individual, so whatever you are wearing is able to fits with your personality type.
At the end of the day, why go for the plain option when you could choose something that speaks to you as a stylish individual when you've got the choice?
Getting that comfortable fit
Here at Mitch Dowd, we completely get the need to have the right fitted men's underwear for the right occasion.
Like most men, we understand that everybody sometimes needs a breathable boxer brief to lounge in, but a snug fit and more coverage can make the perfect pair under a suit, trousers or shorts.
Regardless of your desired silhouette, we're fully dedicated to making comfortable underwear for everyday use by every size, shape, and silhouette of a man.
Choosing your style of underwear
If you are going commando or prefer to let it hang free, then we know you have never worn our soft and sleek designer trunks.
Our boxer briefs conform to any shape or size and have enough room for any eventuality (whether intentional or not). So no matter how steamy things get down below, we still have you covered. A pair of these trunks have you set with the perfect style of trunks to provide added support when you want a little extra va-va-voom or when you just need to keep things on the down-low.
Boxers, briefs or boxer briefs?
We've already said that we think underwear is a personal thing - we get it. And the boxers and the briefs continue to battle it out for the best in men's underwear in a debate as old as time.
But sometimes you've just got to ask the hard questions, and we're here to help with a few things we've picked up designing all kinds of men's underwear for the last three decades.
Here are a few industry insider tips for choosing the right trunks for you.
The best boxers
We've all heard the rumour: boxers are men's favourite, while briefs are for the ladies. Here at Mitch Dowd, we disagree (and our sales do too!)
Despite being significantly less hygienic and often less protective, boxers are a great option for those who like a feeling of freedom below the waistband.
No more tightness or awkward seams, no more chafing. This is the underwear of the greats - but it's not always for the professional or the faint of heart.
Slipping on a pair of high-quality briefs is such an excellent feeling.
If you're looking for full support and the best in comfort then you have absolutely come to the right place. We know how distracting it can be to feel like you're not fully covered, but this classic style has got your back (and your front, technically speaking).
The triangle silhouette eliminates any excess material which can bunch up when layered underneath your shorts or trousers, so you'll be ready to go to the gym or the club (or work) alike.
The case for boxer briefs
So in the world of underwear, the boxer brief is kind of an underling. It's not a classic pair of shorts or the kind of pants your father wore.
It's simply the absolute best. It's the boxer brief.
There's a number of key reasons why this type of underwear has become men's favourite worldwide, and our Mitch Dowd experts believe that the following elements are key factors in the rise to popularity of the boxer brief.
- It combines the benefits of two classic styles: Fitted but not too fitted. Support but not too much of a hold. No worries about riding up, bunching fabric, awkward seams -- the works. It's the boxer brief.
- It's the best for layering: Coming in nylon and a variety of other fabrics, boxer briefs are the perfect option for thermoregulation (keeping cool in summer and warm in winter) due to their sleek design features. The lack of excess material around the crotch also ensures that you'll have less to worry about down there than with a standard pair of panties.
- It's super comfortable: We love briefs. Really we do. But we also know that they can be a pain in the behind if they don't fit perfectly. If you've lost a little weight recently (or put on some gains), then having the flexibility of a boxer brief style is ideal for you.
Choosing the right fabric for your underwear
We all know that certain parts of the male anatomy are a little delicate.
Having been in the biz for 30 years - and from personal experience - we know that the crown jewels deserve a soft fabric and tailored style for ultimate comfort (and the best trunks in town).
That’s why we offer our briefs in cool cotton for everyday wear and nylon micro-modal for the more active guys among us. We also offer an environment-friendly alternative to the classic cotton boxer with our moisture-wicking bamboo range, which has a smooth and gentle feel against the skin.
Read on to hear about the many benefits and uses of the different fabric options we have on offer so when you're ready to shop for men's underwear online, you're in for a faster checkout.
Breathable cotton underwear
Organic cotton is a classic in men's underwear design for a reason. It's a naturally breathable fabric, and it makes perfect tighty whities and boxers shorts alike.
If you're looking for a relaxed fit option or classic boxer shorts, going for a soft pair of cotton undies is the way to go.
Technically speaking, cotton is also a loosely woven fabric, meaning your pair of underwear will do the sculpting for you and show off your body. If you've got it, flaunt it!
In terms of price, you can't go wrong with a classic boxer brief made from organic cotton. Don't just trust our word for it... according to the reviews our users provide, we've been independently selected as the best in mens underwear nationwide.
Let us run you through some of our favourite features of our cotton boxer brief:
- Moisture-wicking: Underwear is made to be worn for more hours each day than any other garment of clothing. Go to underwear has to be both moisture-wicking and comfortable on the skin, and cotton is a fabric that naturally has both these properties.
- Super comfortable to wear: We want every man to wear his briefs with comfort, knowing that our brand prioritises function and style equally. And if you want to change it up, you can check out our cotton boxer shorts for an at-home fit to wear.
- It's just so adaptable: Cotton is a standard for our brand because it's just so adaptable. You can print on the pants, you can wear them in any weather, and you don't have to worry about getting too hot or too cold. Our cotton boxer briefs are shaped for a relaxed fit with enough support to make you feel like you're wearing pants, but not so much that the waistband is digging into you.
- Price: At the end of the day, choosing the boxer briefs you like most will often come down to what's in your price range. Cotton is a widely available and relatively inexpensive fabric, so we've made it into accessible and easy to wear pieces that fit you and your budget.
Nylon micro-modal briefs
If you're used to wearing spandex bike shorts, you'll know that the comfortable sensation of support can sometimes get to be too much... and on hot days, with the waistband sticking to your skin, spandex briefs can be hot pants - literally.
That's why we created our signature nylon fabric which is both breathable and able to be worn under any garment without cramping your style. It's the perfect underwear.
Read on for a few reasons why would choose nylon boxer briefs over cotton or bamboo on some occasions. It's always great to have options!
- Soft like silk: You know that pair of boxer briefs you just keep going back to in your closet? Regardless of brand, they're probably nylon. This fabric is just so damn comfortable and it makes the best underwear for those worried or uncomfortable with any creasing or clumping down there.
- Maintenance is key: So you've got an hour before your girl comes over and you've got not a single pair of boxer briefs that are clean enough to wear. What do you do? The answer is: go for the nylon. If you're looking for quick drying and easy to maintain options, any synthetic fabric will make for the best men's underwear.
- You're hitting the gym: Yes, you should wear boxer briefs under your gym shorts. Why? Chafing and less risk of exposure. For the lifters among us, nylon is the ideal choice for your hump day briefs. Two words: moisture-wicking.
- Price: Yes, nylon is also budget-friendly. Whether you prefer cotton, nylon or bamboo is up to you, as we work hard to tick all the boxes while keeping costs low for our loyal customers.
Bamboo boxer briefs
Picture this. You're active but not super sporty. You want men's underwear which layers but is stylish. You like the airy light feeling of boxers but you're more of a briefs kind of guy. And maybe you care about the environment.
Anyone? Well, if you ask us, our bamboo briefs are the absolute best underwear money can buy. Not only do they combine the benefits of the classic cotton and sporty nylon options, but they're so soft, so comfortable and so sustainable.
Curious? Let us tell you more.
- It's a naturally anti-bacterial fabric: Wild we know! But trusty old bamboo makes for one of the most intelligent options out there due to its naturally occurring anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. We know the area below the waistband can be troublesome to maintain, so let your boxer briefs take some of the pressure off for once.
- Light as a feather: We make underwear you don't know you're wearing but these boxer briefs are ones that everyone should know you're sporting. Super comfortable, super light. Basically going commando. But also briefs.
- Moisture-wicking: Bamboo fabric has small gaps in the weave and the weft, which is basically a fancy way of saying that it'll keep you easy and breezy down below.
- Thermoregulation: Another big word! Our boxer brief range is a style that already permits airflow in every weather and at every temperature, but bamboo takes it to another level. Basically, this eco-friendly offering will keep the junk in your trunk warm in winter and cool in summer. It's a win-win!
- Sustainable underwear: The best boxer briefs are the ones which aren't just good for you, but which are also good for the environment and our planet! That's another main reason why we love bamboo underwear as an option because it's more eco-friendly than cotton or nylon.
Buying comfy mens underwear online
We know that taking the plunge and buying any clothing online can be a challenge, but Mitch Dowd's range and variety has been carefully arranged by our expert team to ensure a fail-safe buying experience for even the most selective of blokes.
Get started on your underwear revolution with these simple steps.
Step 1. Have a browse
All you need to do to get started is jump over to our shop and have a look at our selection of fitted men’s underwear.
We do have retail outlets across Australia and supply to selected stockists countrywide if you would prefer to shop in person, but our standardised size guide and set of tips should have you covered.
Step 2. SALE!
You can purchase any of our men's underwear options as a guest, but we would recommend signing up to our mailing list and making an account to keep ahead of special offers, promotions and sales.
Pro tip: If you're wanting to save, you can buy our multi-packs, which work out to be cheaper per piece than buying multiples of the same style.
Step 3. Sit back and relax
We pride ourselves on excellent customer satisfaction -- and excellent customer service. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, but as soon as you shop, we'll ship from our Victorian atelier!
And since we are an authentic and distinct Australian brand, we even offer free shipping on purchases above $30 in Victoria and $70 nationwide. How about that?
Showing 63 products